Father’s Day is a special occasion celebrated around the world to honor and appreciate fathers and father figures for their love, care, and sacrifice. Father’s Day in China is also celebrated on the third Sunday in June and is an opportunity for families to express their gratitude and affection towards their fathers.
In this blog post, we will explore the history and origins of Father’s Day in China, as well as provide you with some greetings, wishes, and fun facts to help you celebrate this special day with your father. So, let’s dive in and learn more about Happy Father’s Day in Chinese!
Happy Father’s Day Greetings and Wishes in Chinese
How to say Happy Father’s Day in Chinese:
- 父亲节快乐 (fù qīn jié kuài lè)
Chinese phrases to use when greeting your father on Father’s Day:
- 父亲节快乐，爸爸！(fù qīn jié kuài lè, bà bà!) – Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- 祝我的父亲健康长寿！(zhù wǒ de fù qīn jiàn kāng cháng shòu!) – Wishing my father good health and a long life!
- 感谢您一直以来的爱和支持。(gǎn xiè nín yī zhí yǐ lái de ài hé zhī chí.) – Thank you for your love and support all these years.
Wishes to write in a Father’s Day card in Chinese:
- 祝您有一个特别的父亲节。(zhù nín yǒu yī gè tè bié de fù qīn jié.) – Wishing you a special Father’s Day.
- 感谢您一直以来的爱和支持，祝您永远健康快乐。(gǎn xiè nín yī zhí yǐ lái de ài hé zhī chí, zhù nín yǒng yuǎn jiàn kāng kuài lè.) – Thank you for your love and support all these years. Wishing you Happy Father’s Day.
- Thank you for being the best dad in the world. Happy Father’s Day!
- 愿您在这个特别的日子里感受到我们全家的爱。(yuàn nín zài zhè gè tè bié de rì zi lǐ gǎn shòu dào wǒ men quán jiā de ài.) – Wishing you feel our family’s love on this special day.
Recommended: Happy Mother’s Day in Chinese
Fun Facts About Father’s Day in China
Origins of Father’s Day in China:
- The first Father’s Day in China was celebrated in 1945, after a teacher named Li Shuoxun proposed the idea.
- In the early years, Father’s Day was not widely celebrated in China, but it became more popular in the 1980s and 1990s.
Father’s Day traditions in China:
- Unlike in the United States, where Father’s Day is often celebrated with gifts and cards, Father’s Day in China is more focused on spending time with family.
- Some families may take their fathers out to dinner or on a trip, while others may simply spend the day together at home.
How Father’s Day is celebrated in China:
- Many Chinese people will send messages or make phone calls to their fathers on Father’s Day to express their love and appreciation.
- Some businesses and organizations may also hold events or promotions to celebrate the holiday.
Celebrations of Chinese Father’s Day in Different Region of China
Shanghai: for example, it is common for families to gather together to enjoy a special meal in honor of their fathers. Some families will also give their fathers gifts or cards to show their appreciation.
Guangzhou: Father’s Day is celebrated by giving gifts and spending time with family. Many families will also go out for a special meal, such as dim sum, which is a popular Cantonese dish.
Beijing: Father’s Day is celebrated by giving gifts and spending time with family as well. Some families will also take their fathers out for a day of sightseeing or cultural activities, such as visiting the Forbidden City or the Great Wall of China.
Hong Kong: Father’s Day is celebrated much like it is in the West. Families will often give their fathers gifts, such as ties or wallets, and some will also take their fathers out for a special meal or activity.
Father’s Day in China is a time to show love and appreciation for fathers and father figures. Whether you choose to celebrate with gifts or quality time, the most important thing is to let your dad know how much he means to you. Use these greetings and wishes to make this Father’s Day a special one for your father.