Happy Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese is one of the most popular traditional festivals celebrated by Chinese people. It falls on the 15th day of the 8th month according to the lunar calendar, and this year it will be on September 24th. On that day, families get together to enjoy moon cakes and other delicacies and also express their best wishes for each other.
In this article, I will be sharing some fun activities to do and some greetings to wish others.
History of the Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese
The Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese is also known as the Moon Festival or the Zhongqiu Festival. It has been celebrated for over 3,000 years and is one of the most important holidays in China.
The festival celebrates the harvest and gives thanks to the moon for providing light at night. People believe that the moon is at its brightest and roundest during this time of year.
The Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese is also a time for a family reunion. Families get together to enjoy moon cakes and share their best wishes for each other.
Fun Activities To Do on Happy Mid Autumn Festival
1) Make your own moon cake
Moon cakes are a traditional food eaten during the Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese. They are round or square shaped cakes filled with different kinds of fillings such as lotus seed paste, red bean paste, and nuts.
Making your own moon cake is a great way to get into the festive spirit. You can use a moon cake mold to make them in different shapes and sizes.
2) Go for a moonlit walk
Taking a stroll under the moonlight is a romantic way to spend the Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese. It’s also a great way to appreciate the beauty of the full moon.
3) Have a picnic
A picnic is another fun activity you can do with your family or friends during the festival. Spread out a blanket under the stars and enjoy some moon cakes and tea.
4) Play traditional games
There are many traditional games that are played during the Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese. One popular game is “guessing lantern riddles”.
Lanterns of different shapes and sizes are hung up and each one has a riddle written on it. The object of the game is to guess the answer to the riddle.
5) Watch a moon opera
A moon opera is a type of Chinese opera that is performed outdoors under the light of the full moon. It’s a great way to experience traditional Chinese culture.
Greetings To Wish On That Day
1) Happy Mid-Autumn Festival: Gong xi fa cai
In Chinese: 恭喜发财
2) Wishing you a prosperous life: Gong xi ni sheng yun
In Chinese: 恭喜你生贵寿长
3) Wishing you good health and happiness: Gong xi ni jian kang he shi hao
In Chinese: 恭喜你健康和实 好
4) Wishing you all the best in everything: Gong xi ni zuo hao
In Chinese: 恭喜你做好一切都好
5) Happy Mid-Autumn Festival and best wishes for the future: Gong xi fa cai, jin yi bu
In Chinese: 恭喜发财，进逸步
6) Wish you and your family a happy Mid-Autumn Festival: Gong xi ni he ni jia quan bu kuai le
In Chinese: 恭喜你和你家全部快乐
7) Wishing us a long life to share the graceful moonlight, though thousands of miles apart: Wang shou jin chang, yi qian liu duan, dui mian kan qing yue
In Chinese: 望寿金昌，益前柳端，共见青月
8) Wishing you a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival: Gong xi ni kuai le zhong qiu jie
In Chinese: 恭喜你快乐中秋节
9) Wishing you all the happiness in the world: Gong xi ni quan bu shi hao
In Chinese: 恭喜你全部是好
10) A bright moon and stars twinkle and shine. Wishing you a merry Mid-Autumn Festival, bliss, and happiness: Ming yue you liang, xing xing tiao wu. Gong xi ni kuai le zhong qiu jie, an shang he shi hao
In Chinese: 明月有亮，星星条舞。恭喜你快乐中秋节，安上和实 好 。
I hope you enjoyed learning about the Happy Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese and some of the activities and greetings associated with it. Celebrating this festival is a great way to connect with your family and friends and also to learn more about Chinese culture. Gong xi fa cai!